Based in Nijmegen, The Netherlands
August 1, 2015
Press / Business Contact
Stable Orbit (2017)
Codalyn is the game studio run by veteran developer Jim Offerman. Jim has more than a decade of industry experience and was the Lead PC Programmer on Dues Ex: Human Revolution, Tomb Raider and Thief.
As a teenager, Jim knew exactly what he wanted to become: a game designer and a pop artist. Yes, both. Somehow, he ended up studying industrial design engineering. After dropping out, Jim eventually landed a job at Nixxes Software, where he stayed for ten years and contributed to Project: Snowblind, Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Tomb Raider, Thief and Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris.
After leaving Nixxes, he tried on a few ‘normal’ jobs, through which he learned something important: work is no fun if you’re not making games (or music). This lesson prompted Jim to dust off an old prototype and develop it into a proper game. Codalyn is officially founded on August 1, 2015 and released it’s first game, Stable Orbit in September 2017, after a year in early access.
In 2018, Codalyn began development on a second game, Privacy.
- July, 2013 – Started development on Stable Orbit (part-time)
- August, 2015 – Jim founds Codalyn
- May, 2016 – Codalyn becomes a full-time job
- October, 2016 – Launched Stable Orbit in Early Access on Steam
- April, 2017 – Started development on custom engine (Motor) with Mechamania
- September, 2017 – Released Stable Orbit
- January, 2018 – Announced custom engine (Motor)